Fostering is looking after a child who hasn’t had the greatest start.
Fostering is not permanent but sometimes children stay for a long time. Sometimes it’s only for a short time.
Fostering isn’t always as you imagine it.
Fostering is harder than people think. Some children you foster can be friendly, kind and generous but sometimes they hurt you and your feelings.
Things to remember:
- Think positive
- Make them feel welcome and at home
- Don’t make the argument worse
- Sharing is important
- As soon as you make friends with them they might leave
- Give them space, time and understanding
- If you are upset or worried talk to your mum and/or dad
- This is someone who will understand & share with you