Scone Base Pizza
225g self raising flour
1 medium egg
Cheese, either Cheddar or Mozzarella
Dried oregano and/or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C or gas mark 6
- In a large bowl rub flour and butter together until it resembles bread crumbs. Mix in egg and enough of the milk to make a soft dough, knead lightly.
- Divide into two pieces and pat out into rounds, place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread with tomato puree, sprinkle with herbs and top with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden.